In the video tutorial below you will learn how to join a new ball of yarn into a double crochet stitch at the end of a row.
Instructions on Joining Yarn:
- When you are up to the last stitch at the end of a row; crochet the last double crochet stitch except for it’s last step leaving 2 loops on the hook
- Cut the end of your working yarn; leaving 10cm end thread
- Wrap the end thread of the new ball of yarn over your hook with the end thread closest to you and draw the new yarn through the two loops on the hook
- The double crochet stitch is now complete and you have joined in the new yarn
- Tie a loose knot with the two yarn ends so your work doesn’t come undone and later on undo this knot and weave those two ends into your work
- Turn your work and start a new row with the new ball of yarn
That is how you join yarn. You can apply this to any crochet stitch; making sure you start the new ball of yarn into the last step of the last stitch on the row.
Joining Yarn & Adding a New Color Video Tutorial
All the best,
An updated classic covering the latest techniques and trends in crocheting.
Are you hooked on the art of crochet? Looking for a fun new hobby that you can take with you virtually anywhere? Crocheting For Dummies, 2nd Edition gives you easy-to-understand instructions on how to choose the right tools, create basic stitches, and finish off your work to make beautiful pieces of art. From learning to create consistency with gauge swatch to decoding crochet patterns, symbols, and diagrams, this easy-to-follow guide is all you need to start creating beautiful designs in no time!
This revised edition contains completely new content, including fresh new patterns, stitches, and techniques reflecting crocheting styles from around the world.
Plus, it’s packed with new and refreshed photos and line art throughout, along with step-by-step instructions that will easily guide you from your first stitch to your first sweater.
A new section covering common crocheting mistakes and how to correct them.
Crocheting with eco-awareness: using organic yarns, as well as free trade and sustainably sourced fibers.
The best resources for purchasing supplies, as well as choosing and buying patterns.
Whether you’re a first-time crocheter or looking to expand your skills, Crocheting For Dummies, 2nd Edition gives you the skills, techniques, and confidence to crochet like a pro.